Friday, January 8, 2010

Why do I see two thing if they are in front of the object im foucusing on?

I was trying to determine which eye is dominate yesterday, so I focused on the object, and when I tried to point to it, I found that I saw 2 index fingers. Does anyone know why this happens? Is this normal? Background info, im 14, never worn glasses, this has gone on for as long as I can remember, but I normaly ignore it.Why do I see two thing if they are in front of the object im foucusing on?
Hold one finger 8 inches away and another 16 inches away.


When you fixate one of the fingers the other will double.


This is called physiological diplopia. It is normal.


The term dominant eye doeesn't mean much to an Optometrist.Why do I see two thing if they are in front of the object im foucusing on?
Don't worry. If you would like to tell with eye is dominate, don't do it that way. You have to make a small circle with your fingers, and focus on something your looking at, slowly bring your hand in and it will land over one eye. That is the dominate one.

No comments:

Post a Comment